Thursday, August 14, 2014

Career Progress

So I’m finally starting to make way into the industry! Thanks to an awesome blog that I stumbled upon in the wee hours of a morning in June, I found two great opportunities.
As I said, I started out my journey in June, having just gotten an intern position at a local music organization. I had no real experience to speak of, but getting the internship position immediately made me crave more involvement in music and to start gaining some valuable experience. So I took to the internet to do some research. I don’t remember how but I found myself on a blog called We Are The Kids. I spent hours on the blog, browsing pretty much every page and found a link to a marketing company called the Syndicate. She also talked about the Fearless Records Street Team.
Both intrigued me so, taking a shot in the dark, I applied for both. Less than a week later I heard back from Fearless, telling me that I had gotten the position! I started completing missions as soon as I got the confirmation, and because of that, I also got to promote Chunk! No, Captain Chunk! at Warped Tour. That was just insane to me, since I’ve been going to Warped for years and listening to Chunk for about 2, and now I was a part of both. After that, I requested to be allowed to promote a show for Blessthefall, a Fearless artist. I also got that position, and I’m in the midst of it now (I’ll be at the show on the 22nd in Rochester NY if anyone is from this area!).  
As if this wasn’t enough, about a week and a half ago, I also heard back from the Syndicate! I’ve just started working for them and I already love it. I’m so excited to be getting all of this experience, and I can’t wait to keep posting my progress on here. If this is what I’ve accomplished in just 2 months, I can’t wait to see where I am this time next year! 
Definitely check out all the links if you’re interested in the organizations I mentioned, and let me know if you have any success! 

No comments:

Post a Comment