Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Album Review: Charmer by Tigers Jaw

Photo from Pitchfork

Words by: Nikki Menard

Charmer was released in 2014, by Run for Cover Records. I personally think this album is one of their best thus far. My favorite track on this album is Cool. This song just brings a smile to my face, and I really enjoy the beat. It can make anyone’s day perfect! Tigers Jaw truly has the ability to brighten moods, and that is one of the many things people search for in music. I recommend this album to anyone who wants to hear great life lesson through soft strums of the guitar, the sweet sound of the drums, and the gentle sound of the two outstanding singers.


  1. Cool- The band opens with Cool, which I believe was a great way to introduce any new comers to the album and the band itself. I feel as if this song has many meanings to it.
  2. Frame You-  Frame You is the second song on this album, this song has a very strong message, that many may come up with different ways to dissect.
  3. Hum - Hum  is another one of their strong romantic songs, definitely a song that will leave you awake at night thinking about someone you've drifted apart from.
  4. Charmer- Charmer is one of my mom’s favorite songs, and also a great song to listen to when you’re home alone, simply because you will want to shout this song all through out the house.
  5. Nervous Kids- Nervous Kids is the fifth song on this album, and really love the beat to this song, and it really speaks but you have to be able to relate first, to uncover the message.
  6. I Envy Your Apathy- I Envy Your Apathy is one of those songs that is perfect to listen to on a rainy day, when  you just want to lay in bed all day.
  7. Divide- Divide is another romantic song, nothing to really leave you up thinking but, just something to get those old feelings back.
  8. Slow Come On- Slow Come On is a rather short song but, also a great song full of meaning and the message it has is sort of confusing. But all in all, this song is outstanding!
  9. Teen Rocket- I love the name of this song, but when I hear it I get sad, and I just want to be alone.
  10. Softspoken- Softspoken is another one of those the beat should keep you feeling great, actually more relaxed than anything.
  11. Distress Signal- Distress Signal is another one of my favorites, even though this song is slightly short, it still has a powerful meaning, this actually taught me a valuable lesson...I wouldn’t want to spoil it for future listeners.
  12. What Would You Do? - What Would You Do? is the final song on this album, I thought it was a great way to end this album. It is also another one of those songs that will keep you up at night, no doubt.

No comments:

Post a Comment