Friday, April 24, 2015

Album Review: Harmonium by Vanessa Carlton

Photo from Wikipedia
Words by: Emma Dunne

Vanessa Carlton’s second album “Harmonium” is LEGENDARY. Seriously, it’s my cousin Caroline’s favorite Vanessa Carlton album, it’s amazing because of the lyrics, it’s gotten me through a lot of bad days in middle school, it’s just the shit OK? So here are some songs off of this album for me to review: 

1. “White Houses”, the video is AMAZING. Seriously, doppelganger to like music battle with? And a dance routine we all copied, don’t deny it! 
2. “Who’s to say”? OMG YOU GUYS, ALL THE FEELS. You can’t help but either cry or sob through this entire song, or like sing it through your tears, DON’T DENY THAT YOU DID. 3.”Annie”, I wonder if this song was like about some girl, I was always picturing it to be like her little sister, or like a cousin, a distant relative who was like a child, like maybe ten years old who had like brain cancer, or a brain tumor, or something with the word cancer in it, and she was just taking care of her while her boyfriend took pictures of her while she held her. *Tear*
4. “San Francisco”, this should be San Francisco’s theme song, SERIOUSLY. 
5. “AfterGlow”, this is actually a great song to like listen to while post cuddling after you have sex, I actually suggest this because it’s a great post coital song, and like well, you get the picture
6. “Private Radio”-My favorite song off of this album, and the best dance song ever, and if I’m having a really good day, I’ll only listen to it like 12 times. What? 
7. “Half A Week Before The Winter”, which I made a dance to, no seriously, I DID. It’s like the song that I would expect like Buffy and Angel would have sex to. Like I just picture that vampire behind his desk while this song is playing, like all powerful man behind a desk. And what the hell is it with guys being behind desks that like make them look hotter and sexier, and like you just want to have sex with them right then and there? Seriously you guys, GO BEHIND A DESK RIGHT NOW. 
8. “Papa” which is a fast based scat sort of song that I want to learn how to play on piano. 
9. “She floats”, which is a weird song to sort of almost end the album with. Anyways, overall, this is a top ten favorite album. Sometimes chick music can inspire the men to be better men. Hey, ya never know, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment