Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Interview: CrumbSnatchers

By: Liz Coffey

CrumbSnatchers, hailing from Knoxville, TN, is a band who knows how to have a good time and inspire their fanbase to do the same. I set up an email interview with them in which we talked about their music, influences, and how they feel their local scene stacks up.

When and how did you get started in music?

I think we all got started playing in our early teens.


How would you describe your sound?

Our music is a lot like the excitement of quitting your job. Its a good time. It's a middle finger with a smile on your face.


Who are your influences?

Pixies, Lamb of God, Modest Mouse, Royal Bangs, I Need Sleep, Young Life, Sweet Years.


What is coming up for you? Music? Shows?

We just got off a two week and a weekend east coast tour. We're gonna do some more weekend tours this fall and then we're looking at being gone for a month in November. I'm really looking forward to being in the road more.


What projects are you involved in at the moment?

Other than CrumbSnatchers I've been playing with New Romantics (former members of Royal Bangs and Cool Runnings)


How would you describe your local scene?

It's a pretty good time. I love my buddies in Knoxville. People have house shows and basement shows. And there is a few good venues to play at.


What are some of the pros and cons of your scene?

It's a small city, so there's that. A pro and a con is that everyone here knows one another haha. These cuties are the best though.


What are some challenges you have faced being based there? Do you think you would benefit from being elsewhere?

Yeah totally. I'm gonna be living in Philadelphia this fall on and off. I hear amazing things about Philly and I always have a blast when I'm there so I wanna get to know it well.


Are there locals that you collaborate or play shows with often?

Sweet Years, Ex Gold, and Young Life.


How do you pay for things like studio time, practice space, and marketing expenses?

We use show money and we pull from own pockets as well.


What would you look for in someone you might take on tour with you for management/merch?

Someone who knew a lot more than me.


Do you book your own shows and tours? What was the experience like and what advice would you give?

Our buddy Coy booked lots of the tour with us. I've loved every bit of the touring experience so far. My advice would be to find out if you like touring. If you do like it then do it all the time.

Follow CrumbSnatchers on Facebook for more information on upcoming music and shows!

No comments:

Post a Comment