Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Interview: RYNO

By: Liz Coffey

Hailing from Buffalo, NY and currently residing in New York City, RYNO is a synth/pop/rock extraordinaire. Drawing from influences such as the Beach Boys and The Police, he puts his all into music, aiming to take fans on a journey with his work. In an email interview, he told me about what his music means to him, as well as what it's been like getting into the music industry, Check it out!  


Please introduce yourself and give us a strange fact about yourself.

I am RYNO, I always perform in socks.

When did you first get into music and when did you decide that this is what you wanted to do? Did you have a specific event that made you realize that music was what you wanted to do?

My father is a vocal music teacher and mother also a singer. It was always kind of second nature. Although my childhood obsession was playing baseball, music was always part of my day one way or the other.

What artists influence you the most, and how do you incorporate that into your own style?

Growing up the youngest of 4 boys, my brothers all were strongly opinionated music enthusiasts. I took bits and pieces from all of their catalogs but was affected the strongest by The Police, The Beach Boys and Tears For Fears.

Describe your sound to someone who has never heard you before.

Generally, Alternative Indie Pop. Translates to categorize as ElectroPop as well.

If you could change anything about today’s music industry, what would it be?

I'm all for social media and interaction, but I miss the romance of mystique. When I was real young, rockstars seemed very mysterious. Now, you can find out last time they went to the bathroom via Twitter.

When you write music and book shows, do you have a target group in mind, or do you just go with the flow and let your music speak for itself?

In life, I'm learning that it is most healthy to go with the flow. That being said, I do feel my music appeals to a listener with an open mind to more contemporary production. It's an exciting process to find the audience.

What has been the biggest breakthrough you’ve had since beginning in music? The biggest challenge?

I made a decision at a young age to dedicate my life to writing and performing music. The ride thus far has been an adventure to say the least. I'm very grateful to be able to do what I do. It's easy in this Business to become pessimistic and negative. That is always a challenge, but I have dedicated myself to try and be positive and optimistic about what tomorrow brings. That dedication has not just been a breakthrough for me as an artist, but also in my everyday life with health and relationships.

You just released new music [see link below]… what has the response been like so far? How do you plan to move forward in promoting this music?

The response has been very positive. I very much hope that my music can find its way into the world’s DJs remixing my songs. I feel that could really open doors internationally for this project!

What is your motto or advice to live by?

I have a tattoo on my left forearm that states "LIVE LIFE"
Stars in the Sky, along with my upcoming EP in general, is full of references to life, adventure and love. The ultimate message is that anything is possible. Find your adventure, travel the world to find your love, and make whatever you want with your life!

What method have you found to be the most effective in marketing yourself and your music? Why do you think it’s so effective?

Being honest. Honesty always speaks loudest.

Any final words?  

Explore.  Dream.  Discover. Don't be afraid to explore who you are and what makes you special.
Thanks for joining me on my journey.
-R Y N O

You can check out RYNO's newest release, a multilingual lyric video for "Stars in the Sky," here: https://youtu.be/as_wni_yhN0

Or you can check him out on social media: 


No comments:

Post a Comment