Friday, April 3, 2015

Concert Review: For the Win at South By So What?!

Photo belongs to Liam Kennedy

Words by: Xochitl Hansen

Starting in 2014, For the Win comes from sunny San Diego, California. They have a new album out called More Than You Know, released through Artery Records. The band consists of Kyle Christensen – Vocals, Steven Bustos - Guitar/Vocals, Lee Chambers – Guitar, and Giovanni Suarez – Bass.

Luckily I was able to attend the organized chaos that is South by So What, I had one thing on my mind; to check out bands I was not familiar with.  For the Win was one of the bands I just so happened to want to check. Though being an avid pop punk fan, the name For the Win was thrown around, so I wasn't going into the show completely blind.

As soon as the band begun, I knew I was in for a treat. For the Win started to play like it was their last moments on earth.  The songs they played pumped up everyone, so we could put the unpleasant weather out of our mind and enjoy the wonderful show! As they continued to poor their hearts out, the crowd got larger. The whole time For the Win was playing to the crowd didn't skip a beat to meet the bands pace; just the passion that came from the band as they played alone was amazing! 


Social Media:

Facebook: For The Win
Twitter: forthewinsd
Instagram: forthewinsd

No comments:

Post a Comment